Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

Dublin Gig today Doors 4pm Fiach Moriarty - With guest Locky Jim
The Power and the Glory!
Probably only Donegal Dub might see this as a possibility. Too far for Digger (unless you set out now, and take your tea in yer lap)

Attach file:

jpg  DyoYGKaWsAAw8Ws.jpg (45.84 KB)
169_5c60070b14598.jpg 640X881 px

Posted on: 10/02/19 11:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dublin Gig today Doors 4pm Fiach Moriarty - With guest Locky Jim
The Power and the Glory!
Far as I can get today is Molly Malone's in Munich to watch England vs France rugby match but that's good enough.

Posted on: 10/02/19 13:19

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Yes StefenF,

I couldn't resist the temptation of a Sunday afternoon gig a bus and Luas ride away. Really enjoyable evening. Fiach played mainly his own stuff with a couple of nice covers (Golden Brown and A Pair of Brown Eyes were two I remember) and when Jim joined him we got Trouble with just acoustic guitar and flute and Dearg Doom with acoustic guitar and whistle plus a couple more of Fiach's own songs.

Fiach has written some lovely songs and one in particular called Mount Street which he performed with Jim is gorgeous to listen to even though it covers the attack on the Sherwood Foresters at Mount St. Bridge in 1916.

I was impressed enough to buy his two CDs which were on sale at the gig. Had a good chat with Jim afterwards. The boys are off to New York in about 10 days for the gig with Paul Muldoon which apparently is sold out now.

John

Posted on: 11/02/19 20:00

The Power and the Glory!
Thanks DD, I will listen out for Mount Street.
Buying Cds?
I had this friend in school.... in a band. To encourage him, we talked about if he ever recorded a record. I pointed out that there were 5 classes of 30 pupils in our year. He looked at me kinda pleased. I went on to say we would surely club to together and buy one. Cruel bastard!

Posted on: 12/02/19 22:53

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Stefanf,

Actually that was a bit of an incomplete song title typo there, it is actually called Mount Street Bridge.

John

Posted on: 13/02/19 21:25

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort