Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

Dublin Cancelled
Swaggerin' down the hall
I have just received an email from Ticketmaster advising that the much-postponed gig at Olympia Dublin on 6th Match next year has been cancelled. Does anyone know why (it cannot be Covid at this distance), or whether any other gigs are planned at the moment ?

Posted on: 15/09/21 19:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dublin Cancelled
The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi
I got a similar email and the Facebook event for that gig has also been cancelled. I also have Ticketmaster tickets for the two Derry gigs but there has been no cancellation for them yet.
Do any of the admins know any more?
John

Posted on: 16/09/21 1:13

... I'm a builder
From Calne, England
Message on Facebook sounds like no more live gigs due to ill health. Sad if true, but understandable. Good luck to the boys in the future.

Posted on: 16/09/21 16:49

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
see my post The End

Posted on: 16/09/21 18:59

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Very sorry to see the message on the cancellation of the Derry gigs, hopefully all will be well.

Posted on: 16/09/21 19:26

You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
All we can say is happy to meet & thanks for the memories. Our lives have been blessed with their music & friendship.
We met some wonderful people at the O2 after party & have made lifelong memories to cherish. Slainte & God Bless

Posted on: 17/09/21 1:12

The Power and the Glory!
Not too surprising to see the gigs cancelled against the tide of COVID. Its been painful to watch the gigs move time and time again. Very unsettling, and more so for those who involved in commitments - the same people who carried the worry and dilemmas about all the impacts - the public?s health and well being, and all the disruption and uncertainty. Hopefully everyone involved can relax now.
There?s no change of state to announce. The band have been gig-dormant for a couple years. It was the same in the 80s and 90s. But they haven?t gone away you know. And there?s miles to go before we sleep. Perhaps not gigging but, like rain, they?ll either be in the media, or soon to be in the media.
Business as usual!

Posted on: 17/09/21 1:20

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
I suggested above that readers look at my post "The End" so I will copy it here as it is clear no-one has! Nothing to do with covid etc the band will not be playing live again due to health issues. This was clear in the release which I attach from my original post.
"Horslips regret to announce that due to health issues the upcoming gigs, already rescheduled due to Covid restrictions, have now had to be cancelled. This applies to Derry, Dublin and Waterford. We're really sorry about this but it's due to circumstances beyond our control. They won't be rescheduled. Arrangements are being made for ticket refunds where this hasn't already happened. We'd like to thank all our fans who've waited so patiently and been so loyal to the band. We've absolutely loved playing for you and hope you enjoyed it half as much as we did."

Health comes first and I will always be grateful for the 45 years I have loved the band and all the good people I am now friends with in the Horslips Family . The Cons were a highlight and I hope to keep The Cons going, will not have the band but I will make it worthwhile

Posted on: 17/09/21 2:48

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

The Power and the Glory!
Hi Rob, I did see your post, apologies for not acknowledging it. Thanks for the alert. Best wishes to folk with health concerns - let?s give space there.
I have it my head the 2 gigs at Drogheda were after Culdaff? The later one beautifully televised. A top class production by TG4. Brilliant.
Thanks for the fab Belfast events. I saw a photo of you eating with some of the Horslips crew in the restaurant beside the gig marquee. I know it, it?s called ?The Corner Cafe?. I guess it needed a name change on that long weekend - renamed to ?The Cafe On The Corner?.
And hello to everyone here.

Posted on: 17/09/21 12:32

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
there were gigs in Drogheda !? debate going on about Ennis which I can't get an answer to , now might have been Drogheda? Help someone must have been at these gigs !

Posted on: 17/09/21 17:15

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Taff55,

I was only at one of the Drogheda gigs but my last five Horslips gigs in 2019 were :-

13 Aug 2019 - Drogheda
23 Aug 2019 - Seamus Ennis Arts Centre, The Naul
24 Aug 2019 - Seamus Ennis Arts Centre, The Naul
01 Nov 2019 - Pavilion Theatre - Dun Laoghaire
02 Nov 2019 - Pavilion Theatre - Dun Laoghaire

I was in Derry to attend the Derry gigs which got finally cancelled this week on the weekend of 14th/15th March 2020 which was the weekend before St. Patrick's Day and the beginning of the first lockdown.

So I think 2nd Nov 2019 was the last one.

John

Posted on: 18/09/21 1:06

The Power and the Glory!
I wish them all the best and thanks for the music.One of the first concerts I was ever at was Horslips at The Savoy Cinema in Limerick,January 1973 and the last concert I was at in Ireland was Horslips at The Olympia in Dublin,December 2012.Really glad now I made the effort to to get home for those two concerts.

Posted on: 18/09/21 3:24

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Yes Digger,

I am also glad that you got to those Olympia concerts and that we actually got to meet in the queue outside the first one.

It has always been worth the effort to travel to see a Horslips gig.

John

Posted on: 18/09/21 6:26

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort