Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

Exciting news
I'm not a dreamer...
Click on the celticnote.com icon on the front page. Scroll down. Exciting.

An outtake from The Belfast Gigs (only unreleased track available apparently) to be released to streaming on St. Patrick's Day 2022. Sure the Boy Was Green.

Posted on: 17/03/22 4:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Exciting news
Swaggerin' down the hall
From Wilmington, Kent, UK
This is AMAZING. The answer to a prayer for more- any - Horslips material. And my prayer has been answered in the most wonderful way. There is material here that has only ever been hinted at, in hushed whispers, whenever Lipso's fans gather together, to talk fondly about the great days and relive our youth.

Heartfelt thanks to EVERYONE involved in this extraordinary project, whatever your role, whatever your contribution. As with many other fans, Horslips played, and continue to play, a hugely important role in my life. From bringing light to the darkness of 1970s rural Ireland, to the triumphal, glorious rebirth via the Exhibition and their relaunch as a performing band in 2008, on through the next glorious dozen years of active gigging, it has been a truly uplifting experience.

I just hope the band, and all those marvellous people behind the scenes, feel just how appreciated they are by so many people. I am just one of a multitude.

Thank you folks. One and all. Horslips abu

Posted on: 17/03/22 19:51

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi,

I was one of those lucky enough to have been invited to the Horslips Box Set launch event yesterday. Here is a link to some photos on Facebook, not sure if it will work or not but try it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?van ... 73&set=a.5049063411795878

John

Posted on: 18/03/22 3:12

Swaggerin' down the hall
John - thank you so much for your excellent pictures. Marvellous stuff sir. I'm envious of you and all the good people who attended the great event yesterday. Well deserved sir. Your championing of the band, and of all things Horselippian more than earned you a seat at the table of The Green Gods yesterday.

I hope you enjoyed every single second of it!

Posted on: 18/03/22 6:49

Swaggerin' down the hall
Treated myself to the new release for St Paddy's Day - the live version of Sure The Boy Was Green which was an outtake from The Belfast Gigs. No idea who decided to drop it from the album as it is absolutely excellent.

It will help fill the very large gap while I wait impatiently for the new box set to arrive in July. Only another four months to go. FOUR MONTHS!!! How can I wait for FOUR MONTHS...???

Posted on: 18/03/22 21:01

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Thank you John for the photo's. It was great seeing recent pictures of the lads. What an exciting day for fans! I imagine the run will exhaust itself quickly and they will become collector's item to be sure. Thanks again.

Don

Posted on: 19/03/22 19:59

Swaggerin' down the hall
Many thanks for the photos John,

nice to see many familiar faces.

Best to All

MikeM

Posted on: 20/03/22 6:30

Webmaster
From Belfast
Thanks John for uploading your photos.

It was great to see so many people again.

Even better was the perplexed look on faces when I got the microphone, didn't ask a question and made reference to Mark Cunningham inadvertently sending me a photograph of Barry with a shaved head.

Stefan always said that people get apprehensive about what I'm going to do!

Posted on: 23/03/22 6:36

I'm not a dreamer...
Brilliant to have this. Does anyone have the full track list for the gigs?

Posted on: 29/03/22 3:36

Webmaster
From Belfast
Pilib,

I found this resource which describes the boxset.

If you look down the page there are Tabs giving detailed breakdown of each mouthful!

https://burningshed.com/horslips_more-than-you-can-chew_boxset

Personally, I'd like to meet the person who claims to be the first to have listened to it all - you should put it on your sideboard alongside your Telegram from the Queen if your carer allows it.

G'luck

Posted on: 30/03/22 19:10

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Indeed a mighty task to accomplish-Barry can make a documentary of the person who listens to every disc, reads every note and frames the poster(s). The only problem might be having all involved still breathing. There is a similar Al Stewart set coming at a comparable price. Comparing the two, Horslips never suffered from "wanting to be the next big thing in men wanting to show their sensitive philosophical side syndrome" so outtakes from the lads would be (betting here) much more listenable than out-takes from say Zero She Flies or Bedsitter Images where the finished tracks are still a struggle to comprehend. I love Al Stewart but that is, as is commonly stated "too much information".

Posted on: 31/03/22 20:00

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort