(4 themes)

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: THE CON 2018
The Power and the Glory!
Yes Rob,
Delighted to go to that.
Delighted to that it was so enjoyable.
Delighted that it went so well for you.

And a new experience for Barry and Jim - being out-talked (by Myles).

It was good to see the so many friends again and meet Steeler Mick.

The effort, Rob, was appreciated by many.

Posted on: 26/11/18 19:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
I second what he said...heard it went very well and it was well appreciated by many. Nice one.

Posted on: 26/11/18 20:57

Only a mad moonlighter
From Downtown E/K (near Glasgow !)
Just to echo the above and some Facebook comments - what an absolutely fantastic night. The Teraways got the night off to a rockin' start and it was brilliant from then on.
Q and A was superbly handled by Nuala and provided some great stories and a lot of laughs - suffice to say our lads had a ball back in the day which seems to be continuing still ... !
Poxmen kept the party going, then to the main event ... What a fantastic set by Johnny, Jim, Barry and Myles ( brilliant drummer and then some) !!!
Some old favourites and some lesser spotted gems, all expertly performed. The place was bouncing from start to finish ! Looked like the lads enjoyed it and great to meet them all later.
Also magic to meet so many personalities from the message board, still trying to match faces to names and vice-versa. It really was like being part of a large family celebration which, in fact it actually was ! We all have a great deal to thank the lads for ... The soundtrack of our lives !
Overall, whatta night and huge thanks to Taff for his superb organisation (and for arranging a great seat for this old dude !) Well done mate, you are a star. All the very best to you all,

Shugster.

Posted on: 26/11/18 21:18

Swaggerin' down the hall
It was a super night! Well done again Rob and many thanks. Great to meet so many members from here finally. More later, just got home.

MikeM

Posted on: 26/11/18 22:33

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Lovely to meet you Shugster, and so many others from these parts, some for the first time, I hope everyone got home safe and sound, epic journeys from Mike and Connie, Mike McCarthy over from Germany, the lads down from Stornaway and all parts of Scotland.
Well done to Taffy on his superb organisation, everything went off to a T, no trouble at all, great to meet Mrs Taff again. The venue was ideal, once we eventually got there after being a bit delayed by hundreds of women waving knickers in the air, I kid you not - maybe they heard Barry Devlin was in town !
A great night musically and socially, Myles slotted in brilliantly with the lads, Johnny was in sparkling form and they played a terrific set, super to hear Guests of The Nation, I had to break it to Hugh about the death of the cat, we recovered from it though.
All in all, a great night, well done again Rob.

Posted on: 26/11/18 22:55

The Power and the Glory!
Quote:

MikeM wrote:
It was a super night! Well done again Rob and many thanks. Great to meet so many members from here finally. More later, just got home.

MikeM

Good stuff, say hello to the guitar for me !

Posted on: 26/11/18 22:57

Swaggerin' down the hall
From Scotland
Brilliant night from start to finish. A great wee venue, just perfect, two lively and well appreciated support bands, and Nuala McKeever's bold examination of the Lads' somewhat selective memories was a complete hoot. As for them Horslips fellas, wow! Fantastic full on performance with Myles Lally spot-on behind them and a 200 strong choir on backing vocals out front, fab!! I remember thinking at one point "They sound bloody amazing, they LOOK bloody amazing and they ARE bloody amazing" . As always at these gatherings it was great to meet up with friends old and new from these pages, what a great gang you all are. The look on Mick Opfar's face, halfway through the Power and the Glory as I recall, a picture. You just knew it was worth every mile travelled, every dollar spent (Good man yourself Mick). A reminder, not that we need it, of how much this band, this music means to so many. Special night for the family too, we've managed quite a few band related events in wee combinations of twos or threes since the Horslips reincarnation. Saturday was the first time all four of us have managed to get to a gig together since the Odyssey 2009. The fair city of Belfast is always going to hold happy memories for us. So take a very well deserved bow Rob, Saturday was truly a total Taffy triumph. Well done that man!!!!

Posted on: 27/11/18 13:05

You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
I enjoyed it........

or was I there?

Did anyone talk to me?

Posted on: 27/11/18 13:15

Swaggerin' down the hall
From Scotland
Almost forgot what with all the excitement. Happy Birthday Barry Devlin, here's to many more young man !!

Posted on: 27/11/18 14:43

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Thank you Kym, knew it was a while since you had all got together but 9 years. Worth doing the Con just for that !!!!!

Posted on: 27/11/18 16:51

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

Swaggerin' down the hall

Posted on: 27/11/18 21:58

Swaggerin' down the hall
It was a late night in Belfast. The venue had rocked to the sound of Horslips. A broken instrument flew from the stage into the crowd. A hand flew out to catch itÖ but missed, someone else was lucky.

(sounds familiar?)

Hereīs the rest.

The musician who had thrown it, retrieved the rest of the broken instrument and jumped down fron the stage, walked over and placed it in the hand that had missed the first throw. He told how he had broken it playing Dearg Doom.

Thank you Myles.

Hi Tatoo, it was great meeting you. I have passed on your regards to the Twin.

Spent Sunday with StefanF. Visited Dunluce and the Black Marble by the sea. Got to see a small part of his extensive Horslips memorabilia - all I can say is Wow!

I can only agree with everything that has already been said about the Con. It was a brilliant evening and absolutely wonderful to meet so many of you. Thanks again Rob for making it possible.

MikeM

Posted on: 27/11/18 22:08

Well done Rob, it was a fantastic night. Brilliant to see you all again, and to meet so many new people. From the queue outside the venue to the airport next day, we were still meeting new friends.

Great to see the Shugster again, looking so fit and well. And all the Laverty family. A real pleasure to spend time with Iain and Jane, and PforPaddy, and great to meet so many new friends for the first time. I also met Insider at RTE, and have a photo to prove it! Or was it someone else?

Apologies to tatoo and Mrs tatoo for insensitive comments about the b$%^& cat, who has now sadly passed away.

Was Admin there? He must have been very quiet and well behaved.

Oh, and the music was good too!

Posted on: 28/11/18 0:02

Brilliant! Taff was just telling me he was chatting to Insider at RTE at the gig....

Or was he?

Posted on: 28/11/18 15:34

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
or did I tell Hugh that?

or did I chat to Insider?

or was I there?

Maybe Insider could confirm the above....if he was there?

Posted on: 28/11/18 15:48

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

One-hundred heads are so much better than One...

Posted on: 28/11/18 21:00

The Power and the Glory!
Was insider there?
Is he here?

Was Keith here?

......is this Heaven, is this Hell ?

Who knows, who can tell?

Posted on: 28/11/18 23:48

Swaggerin' down the hall
From Scotland
Did Nuala McKeever speak to the Insider?? And if so, did she ask if he was actually there?? I'm not sure.

Posted on: 29/11/18 14:46

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi All,

Made it back to Pennsylvania in one piece thank the lord above was a fantastic trip sooo much thanks for all the kindness to my wife Connie and I
Great to meet everyone KymVertical, , MikeM, the infamous RVR, Hugh,taff and his lovely wife Maureen, StefanF, All the others I cannot think of now long exhausting day.

Cheers to Taff
Fantastic Outcome Sir

Mick

Posted on: 30/11/18 2:15

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Ok letís try this again Donegal Dub, pleasure sir both of us, all the Lavertys great clan indeed, Trish, Stephen, MaryAnne, Martin Kilbride. Again very sorry if I missed anyone . Now letís get going on a DVD???????

Cheers Mick

Posted on: 30/11/18 14:24

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort