Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

(1) 2 3 »

EIREXIT - Horslips response !
Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Some of you may have spotted that the saddos in the Eirexit conference had the feckin' temerity to use Dearg Doom as a soundtrack and to show the image of the album cover on the big screen.
Needless to say, they didn't ask us.
If they had, we'd have pointed out that we wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire -which they're unlikely to be, anytime soon. Five hundred damp, self regarding eejits being patronised by the Crazy Frog lookalike Nigel Farage (http://img2-ak.lst.fm//arO/e0ec086efa724b9697f80535ad413f72) isn't going to set the heather blazing in the near future.
Horslips stood for a hopeful, outward looking, inclusive vision of Ireland with plenty of drink and a Blue Range Rover.
This lot stand for a diminished, fearful, xenophobic state. Little Irelanders.
Checking out whether we can do them for copyright infringement.
We'll keep you posted.Feel free to share.

Attach file:

jpeg  e0ec086efa724b9697f80535ad413f72.jpeg (64.31 KB)
142_5a799136bd7a0.jpeg 1280X1024 px

Posted on: 06/02/18 11:28

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: EIREXIT - Horslips response !
The Power and the Glory!
Cheek of the bastards.I figured they had hijaked the song and image for their own sad event.

Posted on: 06/02/18 11:43

The Power and the Glory!
From Edinburgh
Really wish that this wasn't happening ...Wherever this is coming from I simply don't want to see Horslips tainted by politics..after all this time.Far,far too important for that....

Commercial infringement is another thing.

The fisted glove image was always going to appeal to... certain elements...

However, Don's comments really... ehh...took my breath away....once I discovered what he meant! Not sure if I can wear the lapel badge anymore!!😕

Best to all,John R....

Posted on: 06/02/18 12:09

The Power and the Glory!
Rory I thought you were a man of the world and nothing could shock you,had the same thought in mind as Don but held back.Ever seen Cruising with Al Pacino?Some "fisting" scenes in that.I believe Pacino never wants to be asked about this film.

I think Horslips have a right to say where their music and images can be used.

Posted on: 06/02/18 12:24

The Power and the Glory!
Just wondering but is it a coincidence that John Waters was speaking at this event that used Horslips music and Tain image as if memory serves me right he was also one of the contributors to the return of the Dance Hall Sweatharts DVD?????

Posted on: 06/02/18 12:38

The Power and the Glory!
From Edinburgh
Hello Digger....Yup,I remember seeing Cruising on the telly years ago....It had possibly been banned before then... Not sure if I was able to watch to the end....I probably.... ohh..never mind.

Have had to work ,in the past,with all sorts of situations including the very, very start of the Aids situation in Edinburgh.... I remember being at a huge meeting of health, social work,local government and police officials in Meadowbank. Stadium.We were briefed to expect utter devastation and to prepare for the collapse of everything... I remember meeting with a great friend (who really was Mr R and R in Edinburgh) in a bar that afternoon and telling him that he was going to have to change his lifestyle..He laughed ,assuming that only homosexuals would be affected.. I felt that I was the only one walking around carrying this awful secret.... My friend is long dead....

On a more humorous note ,Her Nibs was frequently besides herself with laughter when I would be approached with a laminated menu of 'services available' in Bangkok...and then one night she was approached with a similar menu...😂
Best to all,John R....

Posted on: 06/02/18 12:53

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
there has been a lot of support for the post on FB and I have no problem with the comment made. Horslips are not being tainted in any way by the post especially as I know who wrote it.

There is always one (amongst the many supportive of it) however who commented : "If not then bloviating about it to people who love Horslips, but whose politics is, almost certainly, many and varied is a waste of time and childishly self indulgent."

now there's a word for you, new to me !!!!

Posted on: 06/02/18 14:47

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
there has been a lot of support for the post on FB and I have no problem with the comment made. Horslips are not being tainted in any way by the post especially as I know who wrote it.

There is always one (amongst the many supportive of it) however who commented : "If not then bloviating about it to people who love Horslips, but whose politics is, almost certainly, many and varied is a waste of time and childishly self indulgent."

now there's a word for you, new to me !!!! I am sure the author of the Horslips post will love that comment !

Posted on: 06/02/18 14:48

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
I apologize if I offended anyone by that comment. I never saw Crusiin' once I found out it was a not a remake of Grease or a collection of hit songs from the sixties. I like a good roast chicken as much as the next guy but have yet to be convinced another way to enjoy it is to have it shoved up my nose. Shall leave it at that.

Rory, you likely would be shocked but have to begin making room for our move into a smaller abode so not having looked at them for at least a decade, or longer, my books about Genesis, Supertramp, The Police, and others of their ilk all hit the recycled bin today. My children are not going to want them and I have been to far too many estate sales to go to my grave thinking strangers coming through my house like so many rag and bone men a la A Christmas Carol picking through whats once were valued items. I also have began culling my album collection, again, but this time I am adding some jazz gems to it thinking when we finally move the softer side of my life will reign supreme and I will enjoy a glass of Scotch listening to Charlie Byrd and Stand Getz rather than Green Grass and High Tides by the Outlaws. I also have a method to my madness in that I can replace my current big booming rock and roll Vivid speakers with something smaller and more precise like Focal or Cambridge audio explaining to her they sound better at lower volumes and will not disturb the neighbours.

Got the call yesterday and my shoulder reconstruction is set for a week this Thursday, moving it ahead from mid-March which makes me happy. The early date means I now can hike part of the Bruce Trail back home in Ontario in May and be able to shoulder a pack and will make it more likely to be able to do longer hikes in September/October. Takes 6-8 months to heal properly so the timing will be perfect to keep in sync with our plans.

Looking forward to more activity on the board, great reads and thanks for all the links as well. I remember Fin Costello quite well and was always impressed with his photo's.

Posted on: 06/02/18 15:10

The Power and the Glory!
From Edinburgh
Don...first of all,I am glad that you are pleased with the new date for the operation.... I admire your courage, as always... Many years ago I had spinal surgery.... It was postponed just as we were preparing to leave for the hospital...ashamed to say that I was shaking with relief!

Didn't realise that you were moving home.Your present house is....perfect.... and has such stunning views..Good luck with it all...

Re culling your collection.... don't cut too deeply! That Outlaws album is mighty fine...and you don't want to go too gentle(y) into that dark night!

Best to all,John R....

Posted on: 06/02/18 17:49

You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
Bastards bastards bastards.

Farage can go shoite.

We have the people and the expertise to screw our own country, thank you very much.

We don't needs bollixes like him coming in telling us how to do it.

Bastard.

How are we all anyway?

Posted on: 06/02/18 18:13

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Rory, still a bit away yet but before you know it time has flown by and the future is now the present. Always Remember The Future. Our plan still is to eliminate the extras, move to Portugal or southern Spain for half a year, see all we want to see of Europe then move back home. While we are away our two children can take over the house (thus the early cleaning up) and when we come back we will find something smaller to manage.

I agree outside meddling in domestic affairs can be infuriating. We recall when DeGaulle uttered his famous ("vive le Quebec libre" while visiting Quebec. Grand words from a man whose army crumbled faster than a week old croissant and whose country's freedom was gained by the sacrifice of thousands of Canadian and other allied troops.

Lunch time calls.

Posted on: 06/02/18 18:38

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Rory, still a bit away yet but before you know it time has flown by and the future is now the present. Always Remember The Future. Our plan still is to eliminate the extras, move to Portugal or southern Spain for half a year, see all we want to see of Europe then move back home. While we are away our two children can take over the house (thus the early cleaning up) and when we come back we will find something smaller to manage.

I agree outside meddling in domestic affairs can be infuriating. We recall when DeGaulle uttered his famous ("vive le Quebec libre" while visiting Quebec. Grand words from a man whose army crumbled faster than a week old croissant and whose country's freedom was gained by the sacrifice of thousands of Canadian and other allied troops.

Lunch time calls.

Posted on: 06/02/18 18:38

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Don,

Outlaws is a keeper with me, they actually still tour Henry Paul and Monte Yoho on drums original but have a great band still few guys from when he did a few Henry Paul Band LPs'.
mellow for me is Gordon Lightfoot.

Posted on: 06/02/18 19:11

The Power and the Glory!
From Edinburgh
Insider ,being a sad auld lad I was actually wondering the other day where you had been for the past 16 months....don't be a stranger..😊

True... When I first saw the picture I thought it said Firexit...auld lad's dodgy peepers..Didn't see what the fuss was about!

Don...I could go on about DeGaulle....Long,long ago ,he fought so hard to keep the UK out of the then very small EEC trading community that people thought that there must be something good going on...Was it six countries then? Supposedly purely trading...the intent for political union ( to prevent the German tanks rolling again ) was deeply buried...from most people. Supposedly his extreme dislike of the English speaking nations ( who had saved France twice within 30 years),was such that he saw this as the USA trying to get a foothold.

Like many others at the time I was suckered.Nobody realised the impact that this would have on our true friends and cousins in the Commonwealth, especially the economy of agricultural based countries,such as New Zealand ,who like Canada ,Australia etc had sacrificed so much to free Europe from tyranny... so very far from their own shores...I always remember the huge sacrifices..astonishing in terms of populations.Long before the USA was made to wake up...

Absolutely no more from me re feckin' EU politics... Wish I could fall asleep for a decade ...except I would be really, really ancient then!

Best to allJohn R...

Posted on: 06/02/18 19:22

The Power and the Glory!
Digger, I think you're right that John Walters is in ROTDS.

Don, good luck for the shoulder operation - you are getting re-built bit by bit. Fin Costello photographed Rory Gallagher a lot (Tatoo might know him) , I think Fin lived in Cork for a while. I met him at a Rory Exhibition in the Ulster Hall, maybe 15 years ago. I asked him about the Primary Colour Horslips shots. He told me he was in dispute with "lightbox" people who had locked most of his photographs at high resolution.

that's his shot bottom left.. I don't know the year.
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/h ... otography&phrase=horslips

Yoooh to Insider in RTE - what are you at now? Dealing in Bitcoin?

Attach file:

jpg  Capturefin.JPG (173.86 KB)
169_5a7a20aeb72d4.jpg 1262X669 px

Posted on: 06/02/18 21:39

The Power and the Glory!

Attach file:

jpg  Captureirishtimes.JPG (75.46 KB)
169_5a7a3022ad70b.jpg 678X669 px

Posted on: 06/02/18 22:46

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Open in new window

Posted on: 06/02/18 23:11

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
A bit short notice but..

Barry is to be on TV3 sometime around now to chat about matters irexit and Dearg Doom with that Hermann fella.

Posted on: 06/02/18 23:20

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
cheers to Digger "You can watch Barry on the TV3 player,The Tonight Show,from about 35.25 on.Barry not happy about the use of the music and image.Don't have the technical know how to put it up here."

Posted on: 07/02/18 12:16

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort