Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

Isolationisms
The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Since the vast majority of us seem to be stuck at home, why don't we do a daily posting of any number of topics.

Local goings-on that may be of interest to those not residing in your area. Some tidbit only to be found where you live.

Favourite Horslips related story or story on how you came to discover for the first time, an artist or band that you came to be a fan of.

An accidental happening which resulted in good fortune coming your way which set you on a new course.

A couple of posts each a week would make this message board a beacon.

anything not related to the current world shite show.

Posted on: 30/03/20 15:03

Re: Isolationisms
The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
There is free software called Zoom which one can download, install. I have a meeting code and if we can agree on a time and date I can provide the code. I don't know much more than that about the software. I have not yet looked into it, its functionality, but it may be useful. My wife told me about it today as she and some friends from across Canada will be using it to chat tomorrow.

Posted on: 01/04/20 2:12

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Good idea Don. I got Zoom the other day but not tried it. Noted however there are security and data protection concerns about it on news this morning. Use Whats App myself and Skype.

Only problem with having more than 2 people on at same time is difficult to have a conversation as end up unintentionly talking over each other , tried it with my 2 brothers and wifes yesterday and it was a bit chaotic.

worth a try though.

Posted on: 01/04/20 12:27

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Taff is there a chat room equivalent? Live chat would be best and for those of us over here we would no doubt be continually stopping the conversation and asking what it was you just said or could you say that again please but more slowly !

Posted on: 01/04/20 14:25

The Power and the Glory!
Don,
Ive loaded the Zoom app.
No idea what to do next.

Posted on: 03/04/20 23:55

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
if you have an iphone, facetime is much easier. You teleconference but I will have to take another peek at the operating system.

Posted on: 06/04/20 2:43

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi All,

From Taff55 and myself doing it the Ipad was much better but both should work. Hope everyone safe be a joyous day when this subsides not sure when normalcy will return.

Cheers

Mick

Posted on: 07/04/20 15:32

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
I binged watched Sunderland 'til I Die. Now I am really depressed when you ad the virus to it. No hope to get out of Division 1 to the Champions League so maybe this season is a blessing, it may not count and a restart in the fall. I was pretty sure Toronto was going to win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1963 this year. Now we will never know for sure!
How is everyone faring? I know of only one person who contracted it and they came out flying colours at the end of it all.
Hale and Health To All

Posted on: 07/04/20 22:14

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort