Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

We need to come with another Virtual Gig Playlist
The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi,

Well we don't 'need' to do anything but I thought it might be a good idea to organise another Horslips virtual gig for the date they were due to play the Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon on Friday 29th May.

Having done two virtual gigs with my own playlist I thought it would be a good idea for us to suggest and the various Horslips admins to curate and agree a new playlist of Horslips videos that would make up a playlist for a virtual gig.

I am sure with some of mine, Daragh's, Taff55 & StefanF's videos over the years plus some of the 1973 National Stadium gig we could put our heads together and come up with a list that would work. Anything that is out there on Youtube is a candidate, my only suggestion would be to include only live performances and not audio only tracks.

I am happy for any of mine to be included and I am sure the others won't object either.

We could also start the playlist with a support act or acts, e.g include a track from Tir na nOg, Scullion, Moving Hearts, Lisa Lambe, Fiach Moriarty or anyone as an intro to the gig, maybe only three or four tracks and it doesn't have to be only one artist. The admins could ask the boys for their suggestions and if Lockyjim or Baz are reading this feel free to make some suggestions, we want something that you guys are happy with.

What do you all think . . .?

John

Posted on: 02/04/20 20:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: We need to come with another Virtual Gig Playlist
The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
I should also have included DermotCW who has some very fine videos from recent gigs.
John

Posted on: 02/04/20 20:44

The Power and the Glory!
John, the question of how to hold folk's attention online is one to ponder. Your efforts/video and those of others the are always appreciated. I guess most of us are only too happy to have our stuff shared. So go for it.

Posted on: 03/04/20 23:53

I'm not a dreamer...
Hi John,
No problem, only too delighted to contribute

Posted on: 12/04/20 15:21

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Of course, go for it, as always, any Horslips photos or videos are for others to enjoy too.

Posted on: 12/04/20 23:04

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
yes ,up for it. I will ask the lads for any suggestions and see if we have videos to cover them.

Might I suggest some recent support acts from the Cons eg Pat McManus (including THE best moment since 2014 when Pat played fiddle with the lads ), Poxmen, Teraways, Paddy Goodwin. I can cover the first 3 and I know Dermot got some of Paddy.

Posted on: 13/04/20 13:00

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
contacted them so let you know if any response

Posted on: 13/04/20 14:40

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
And first one in is Ray Fean with "Every thing will be all right".

So anyone have a video live ? There is a video on Youtube I found but not a performance

Posted on: 13/04/20 21:02

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Thanks Taff55 for running with this.

Enjoying seeing all the suggestions for songs to include in a virtual gig playlist on the FB posts. I think most people seem to be missing the point that we need actual videos to choose from and are just throwing out song titles.

I was looking at my virtual gig playlist and reckon that about four or five of them are good enough to consider. Unfortunately all of the Belfast ones have sound problems with the drums and bass.

From my playlist I would offer:-

Maeve's court into Charolais from Limerick.
Furniture from Roryfest in Ballyshannon.
The Snakes Farewell from the book launch.
Johnny's Wedding from Limerick.
Loneliness from Roryfest in Ballyshannon.

Others with reasonably good sound and video are:

The Power & The Glory from Sligo.
Sideways to the Sun from Sligo.
I'll be Waiting from Dunluce.

But I am sure some of the other guys have got good videos to offer up for consideration too.

I also think we should definitely include B'im Istigh ag Ol from the 1973 stadium concert. There was another video from that 1973 concert on the RTE TV50 website that I cannot find at the moment which had a few tracks from that 1973 Stadium concert including a cover of Steppenwolf's Never Too Late.

Anyone any other video suggestions for a playlist and don't be too shy to suggest your own if they are good enough?

Regards,

John

Posted on: 14/04/20 23:14

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
and Baz has weighed in with .....

"Deadly idea, Rob. Can I ask for 'The Life You Save': seems appropriate given the times that are in it. And it's maybe my fave..."

Good call !

Good to see you have videos of some of those requested DD. Maybe give it to Monday then draw up a list and see if anyone has videos to match any we haven't got.

Posted on: 17/04/20 14:48

Swaggerin' down the hall
From Scotland
This is just a thought, maybe a fanciful one mind, but after seeing Mick,Keith, Charlie and Ronnie playing separately at home and managing to sound exactly like The Rolling Stones, what about our lads (Eamon & Charles included) having a wee bash. Mad Pat would be favourie.

Posted on: 19/04/20 18:09

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
You would think given the isolation the board would be more active, even just to swap stories. Could be lively here as so many experiences among the fans to share. Would be fun.

Posted on: 20/04/20 21:16

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi,

I spent a lot of my weekend looking through Youtube for Horslips live performances and found a lot of very good stuff, some of it contributed by fellow contributors to this forum.

So I have actually put together a playlist which includes four support acts prior to the Horslips Virtual Gig playlist each performing one track.

These four tracks are followed by 26 Horslips videos from across the years with performances from 1973, 1974, 1975, 1979, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2019.
Unfortunately neither of the tracks that Baz or Ray requested have been captured as a live performance on YouTube so can't be included.

I am not sure whether to share the setlist for the virtual gig or leave it as a surprise for everyone on the night of 29th May which is just over four weeks away.

What do you all think, do you want to know or do you want to be surprised?

Regards,

John

Posted on: 28/04/20 22:31

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Well done to DD for spending so much time and effort into this !

Posted on: 02/05/20 18:02

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
DonegalDub,

Fantastic John,

Looking forward to something different then wearing this wonderful mask at work driving me nuts. Hope all on here safe and sound hoping to get over in a couple years maybe another meet of sort hopefully.

Cheers

Mick

Posted on: 05/05/20 14:18

The Power and the Glory!
Surprise is better when possible DD.

Posted on: 07/05/20 8:03

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi,

So it seems like you all are quite happy to be surprised with the contents of the playlist for 29th May.

I ran through the full thing two Sunday's ago to be sure it all worked and the quality was ok throughout and I am quite happy with what is there.

So it is full steam ahead for a new Horslips Virtual Gig at 20:00 BST on Friday 29th May 2020.

John

Posted on: 18/05/20 19:32

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi,

One of the benefits of being on Fantasia is that you will get to see the playlist link for the Horslips Virtual Gig before those on Facebook. I'll be posting the link here tomorrow and will also create a new Spoiler Alert post with the set list so those who want to wait and be surprised on Friday evening can avoid it.

I hope some of you are planning to join in on Friday.

John

Posted on: 27/05/20 20:36

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Hi,

Exclusive preview for Fantasia. . . .

Horslips May 2020 Virtual Gig playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... FvMB7gQUA0rwYCiZjCaYE6f9u

Those who want to join in tomorrow should play this on Youtube starting at 20:00 BST on Friday 29th May 2020.

John

Posted on: 28/05/20 9:37

Swaggerin' down the hall
Very enjoyable, many thanks for organising it!

All the Best,

MikeM

Posted on: 29/05/20 23:05

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort