Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

BIRD WATCHING WITH SINEAD O'CONNOR
One-hundred heads are so much better than One...
From Maldon
With little else to do at the moment I am currently
bird watching with Sinead O'Connor. It's been seven owls and fifteen jays

I read that Aldi supermarkets are employing young lads to deliver newspapers. The headline was Aldi young dudes, carry the news

With my wife at home sine lockdown and me still working I am bombarded with jokes like this every night I thought you might suffer some of the pain as well !!

On a brighter note does anybody know the Horslips set list from Faile at Thurles last September

Hope all Horslips are keeping well and safe wherever they may be

Posted on: 11/07/20 1:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BIRD WATCHING WITH SINEAD O'CONNOR
Everything will be alright
From Blackrock, Dublin
George Byrne, a great friend of Horslips and sadly deceased, wanted to get Jack Charlton to meet the relatives of Brendan Behan for a chat.

He was going to call the piece

Jack and the Behans Talk.

Kev - I was at the Thurles gig and I honestly cannot remember the set but it was quite short. I thinks 25 mins. No surprises. 5 or 6 numbers. Guests, Furniture, Loneliness, Trouble, and Doom. Something like that.

No encore

Posted on: 12/07/20 22:14

... I'm a builder
From Dunboyne
Ah me old pal John George Byrne, spent two or three formative years together before our paths diverged. We organised 50 seater buses to Red Island for the gigs there, which if memory serves me, at the height of it all, could be four times a year. Modest profit always guaranteed!

Anyone see the best 50 Irish Albums ever in the Irish Times last Saturday? (also available on their app). Not a sign of our heroes, 25 of the 50 were from the 2000`s, and a lot of absolute shite therein. Live and Dangerous at number 50, Girl Band (???) at No. 1, me blood was boiling so it was!

Posted on: 16/07/20 17:07

The Power and the Glory!
Saw the 50 Best Ever Irish album's list.
The editor must have been on holidays, or sick, or in prison.
The list was part tips for the future, but with some proven but random great albums albums thrown in. It was neither one thing or other.
The former (part) was repurposed without much effort from a list 6 months ago published in Entertainment.ie by L Murphy. It was 2010s decade centric. Ms Murphy has previous! She reviewed Horslips Biography and commented it was flawed.
Lists come and go like buses, but Murphy took to Twitter and cited only Horslips fans as huffing and puffing & jeered for debate, but the kickback was derision.

Posted on: 25/07/20 11:48

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort