Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

Happy Birthday Noel
You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
July 23rd was the day many, many years ago that Noel Ferris
graced the world with his presence. All these years later he still graces us with his charm & wit. Glasses raised to our original Admin!!! Be sure to hold on tight or he'll swipe them from you! Slainte & God Bless

Posted on: 23/07/21 23:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Happy Birthday Noel
The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
I found a movie of Noel chasing someone down for their drink at last call. The drink may have spilled a bit during the chase but you have to admire his pluck.

Okay it is actually a security camera shot from my sisters friend it British Columbia but it could have been Noel. I hear he can be quite persistent.

Attach file:

mov IMG_0171.MOV Size: 968.69 KB; Hits: 15

Posted on: 29/07/21 18:17

Webmaster
From Belfast
Apologies for my belated response to the kind birthday wishes.

I've been busier than a sniffer-dog in an Amsterdam warehouse.

I hope everyone enjoyed the Glorious Twelfth of July. For those not of these shores, it is a "cultural" celebration (for those of a certain persuasion) of a pitched battle between a Dutch guy and an Englishman which took place on this Island over 330 years ago near Drogheda.

It took more than 300 years for the other event of any import to take place in Drogheda when Horslips did their come-back Warm-Up gigs in McHughs.

I don't remember these gigs with great fondness. I was asked by Barry to come up with a Ticketing System which favoured the contributors to this site.

Having done so I was given great credit by many in attendance, showing their thanks by buying me drink.

I didn't put my hand in my pocket those nights, and I am living proof that the alcohol I consumed did not make me fat. It made me lean... up against walls, tables, pillars, the floor, and other people...

Posted on: 03/08/21 14:52

Edited by Admin on 2021/8/3 16:46:53

The Power and the Glory!
Noel seemed personally upset recently when we were discussing climate change. I'd heard if things get bad we could loose the Gulf Stream. "Ahh jaysus nooooo", he says, "that's terrible, how the hell are we going to watch McIlroy then?"

Strangely the pair of us are due to play 9 holes this coming Sat. Something we've not done together for more than 30 years. My measure of a good game is that normally come back with the same ball I started with. In this case it'll be good if I come back with the same golfing partner I started with.

Posted on: 09/08/21 3:02

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Will you both be dressed like Chicago blues players?

Posted on: 09/08/21 18:59

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort