Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

HORSLIPS CON 2022
Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Letting those who are still here I am plotting the return of The Con in 2022. You are the first to know.It will follow the pattern of the original plan for 2018 until a certain band got involved !

Sorry have not been around for a while, some of you will know my wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer , underwent a major op October 2020 and is still recovering.

The "retirement" of the band gives me all the more reason for a Con, fans need somewhere to gather and see each other again. So here I go again !!!!!

It will be in Belfast. Some queries to help me :
1. Would you come to Belfast for it?
2. What time of the year would suit best...thinking of July or September, October or November again?
3. The tee shirt was quite popular and is somewhat of a collectors item as only 40 were made. Would you buy a tee if I got another one done?/You are not committed to buying one of course just seeing if it would attract interest?

Any comments or suggestions welcome !

Thank you

Rob

Posted on: 29/10/21 2:33

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: HORSLIPS CON 2022
Swaggerin' down the hall
From Wilmington, Kent, UK
Rob

Firstly my very sincere good wishes to your wife, yourself and all who know love and care for you both. May the good lady recover fully, and rapidly from her illness.

Thank you very much for floating the possibility of a further Con next year. Wonderful news. And very very badly needed.

My responses are as follows:

1. Yes I would happily go to Belfast
2. September/October/November period please
3. Yes, I would buy a T Shirt with pleasure sir.

Hopefully some live music might be possible. You will know which local bands might be best suited to perform Horslips, or Horslips-related, music. Even - whisper it - an appearance or two from some of the band members. Even if only for a quick acoustic ditty or two.

But ANYTHING at all that allows us to relive some of the great times and memories of the past 50 years would be truly special.

Best wishes from Kent UK.

Posted on: 30/10/21 6:07

Swaggerin' down the hall
Hello Rob. I too send my best wishes for your wife's recovery.
I would certainly hope to come over for a Con in 2022, but July would probably be difficult. The later in the year the better.

Posted on: 30/10/21 12:50

Swaggerin' down the hall
From Scotland
Yes, Con 22 would be very much welcomed by the Vertical family, a great opportunity to catch up with you all. Agree with previous posters that later in the year would be better. Nice to see you're back and best wiishes to you and the Mrs from the Scottish contingent.

Posted on: 31/10/21 0:14

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi All,

As much a I would enjoy coming over again to see you all again most likely cannot attend. Not sure if we ever will get over again will see though .

Cheers All

Mick

Posted on: 01/11/21 16:13

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Appreciate your willingness to step into the ring again for the next Con2022. Maybe call it Catch22!

Good to hear the missus is recovering and continuing good vibes sent her way to that end. I am sure a few key players will make an appearance to navigate the ship through what will be a challenging undertaking.

Good on you Taff for taking this on in these challenging and uncertain times.

Will try to make it over depending upon the scheduling of the event. If it is in the late fall or late winter it likely would be a trip I would have to do on my own as my travelling companion is not into damp and cold together. If it's in the summer then we both could do it and make an adventure of it, first stopping in Newfoundland to do our oft-delayed hiking trip to Gros Morne then making it only a 3 hour trip to Ireland from there.

Nice to see some postings here again.

Cheers to all.

Don

Posted on: 03/11/21 18:44

The Power and the Glory!
Best wishes to your wife Rob.
I'm up for most things.
The winter days are brutally short here. Damp and cold as Don says.
Scotland is worse so November will feel warm to the Verticals who will come in Teeshirts only.
But I guess the season doesn't matter for the local diaspora who are most likely to show up. So suit yersel.

Posted on: 05/11/21 4:26

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Thanks for all your comments so here it is

Horslips Con 2022 5th November
facebook.com/DeargRobster

Attach file:

jpg  addtext_com_MTAwMzUyMjQ0OTg.jpg (62.00 KB)
142_618662eb061ed.jpg 720X399 px

Posted on: 06/11/21 17:11

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Tough timing for me. My eldest daughter is getting married a month before (have you received your invitation yet? No? I will be sure to have one sent out as it seems she is inviting anyone with a heartbeat) and as expenses pile up I may have to begin burning my old Celtic Literature text books from uni to keep warm over the winter. One of the deer that frequents my backyard may be "missing" to keep food on the table. I have called it the "Autumn of my daughters contentment".
I would love to get over and if I do I will have to see if I may impose myself on Stefan and his clan. My birthday is six days later so maybe I can use that angle of an early birthday present.
Thanks for your efforts on this and past endeavours, even though I have not and may not be able to attend. I know many look forward to these. Hopefully by then the twelfth wave will be over.

Posted on: 06/11/21 19:57

Swaggerin' down the hall
Excellent. Well done Rob.

Posted on: 06/11/21 20:35

Webmaster
From Belfast
Taff:

1/Yes
2/Yes
3/Yes (but it'd better fit, otherwise I'll be choking you with it!)

Please pass on my best regards, hopes, and wishes to your wonderful, beautiful wife.

Noel.

Posted on: 20/11/21 6:18

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Today is the third anniversary of this amazing night !
So appropriate now to announce Horslips Con 2022 will see the return to the Black Box on Saturday 5 November 2022 !
I am delighted to confirm lifelong fans and friends of many of us, The Teraways , will be one of the acts playing the event. More
info to follow.

(ps don't need to tell you Horslips will not be playing at this or any other event ! because you already know that !)

Attach file:

jpg  260416956_120465800438377_7545172740685292529_n.jpg (68.15 KB)
142_619e9e1006dff.jpg 720X399 px

Posted on: 25/11/21 2:18

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
You deserve an encore for your efforts keeping the flame burning. Here is to many more Taff. Best to you and your wife whom one day I hope to have the opportunity to meet.

Posted on: 27/11/21 21:22

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort