Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: GAA Championship thread 2011
The Power and the Glory!
An so it finally came to pass after 45 years in the wilderness Limerick are now the new Hurling champions but boy did they make me suffer.My nerves will take about a week to calm down.Now I have Beatleweek in Liverpool also to look forward to from next Thursday,it couldn't get any better.Am I happy or what?

Posted on: 19/08/18 20:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Swaggerin' down the hall
Digger,
A point difference!!! You must have been a bag of nerves. Coffee still your drug of choice? Congrats.

MikeM

Posted on: 19/08/18 21:06

The Power and the Glory!
A bag?More like an ocean full of nerves.Still on the coffee but bought a round in the pub for the people I'm friendly with.

Posted on: 19/08/18 22:11

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Nice one, enjoy it. Limerick must be the Irish equivalent of the Toronto Maple Leafs who last won the Stanley Cup (Professional hockey supremacy in North America) in 1966. I was 13, now going on 65. Watched my first indoor lacrosse game last night, friends son in the Canadian National Championships - it seems if you like hurling you would love indoor (called box lacrosse) lacrosse.

Posted on: 19/08/18 23:42

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Well done Digger,
It had shades of 94 all over it in the last ten minutes - there must've been an awful sense of an impending déjà vu hanging over you, Grahame Mulcahys point was the biggest score of the game.
I was thinking of the twenty thousand or so , mostly parents and children inside watching it in the Gaelic Grounds, it would have been some sickner if Canning's free had gone over.
Well done and enjoy it !

And Up The Banner for 2019 !!

Posted on: 20/08/18 1:41

The Power and the Glory!
Thanks lads,you are right Tatoo.Even before Galway started their big comeback near the end I was just saying to some people that 94 was still very fresh in my mind.I was a nervous wreck by the time the final whistle went.I thought for a while all those wides were going to cost us dearly like Clare a few weeks ago,they will have to work on that for the future but for now I'm just enjoying it.

Don I have seen some clips of lacrosse,I see a lot of similarities with hurling there.It's also a hard sport not for the soccer prima donnas.There is also a game called shinty in Scotland that is closely related to hurling.

Posted on: 20/08/18 9:33

The Power and the Glory!
After celebrating Limerick's great win I'm off in the morning to Liverpool for the Beatles Festival to continue celebrating,what a week couldn't get any better for me.I'll check in when I get back.Most people know me now I'm the one without a smart phone or any mobile phone and always with the head up.Slainte.

Posted on: 22/08/18 20:07

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi digger,

Sounds like a blast sir, enjoy would be great to do that.

Cheers

Mick

Posted on: 23/08/18 10:35

The Power and the Glory!
Ha ha, they'll all know you now digger, you'll be the lad in the Limerick jersey shouting Up the Treaty at increasingly regular intervals as the night goes on.
Enjoy the week.( lucky bastard )

Posted on: 29/08/18 8:58

The Power and the Glory!
Hey Tatoo where have you gone?Haven't heard from you in ages.Thanks for the favour ye did Limerick yesterday,pity for you Clare didn't wake up earlier.Let's see how far we can go this year,would be great to win the Munster final and get revenge on Tipp but we will have to stop making so many mistakes.Hope all is well with you.

Posted on: 17/06/19 8:48

The Power and the Glory!
Best of luck today digger, I'd be surprised if ye don't do it.
......just said I'd check in briefly ahead of today's game to wish you well.
I'll post again in a bit more detail later on.

Posted on: 27/07/19 11:42

The Power and the Glory!
Great to hear from you tatoo,I thought something was wrong with you (I can be a bit negative).I think it depends on which Limerick shows up today Been a bit of a mixed bag this year.You can never write off Kilkenny but in a couple of hours we will know.Here's hoping we hit top form.Don't leave it so long next time,I was nearly thinking of going to Clare to look for you.

Posted on: 27/07/19 15:48

The Power and the Glory!
Well tatoo we fucked that up rightly,beat ourselves.So many scoring chances missed,can't complain.Still I have Liverpool Beatle festival to look forward to in three weeks so the depression should be gone by then.

Posted on: 27/07/19 21:33

The Power and the Glory!
Hi there digger, sorry for not getting back to you sooner....I hope the Beatle festival cheered you up a bit, it was definitely one that got away from a Limerick perspective , Kilkenny should have been out of sight in the final after twenty minutes, and simply were unable to alter their gameplan after going down a man.
Brian Cody richly deserves many of the plaudits he gets, but when Plan A wasn't working Plan B was to persist with Plan A.
Limerick got plenty of stick around the Banner for playing a weakened team against Tipp in the last round of the group stages, though I doubt very much that we could have gone much further.
Winning All-Irelands back to back is nearly impossible, unless you are Kilkenny or the Dub footballers, but Limerick would look at this stage to be a glid bet for 2020.

Posted on: 31/08/19 21:40

The Power and the Glory!
Good to hear from you tatoo Beatleweek Festival was great as usual,already booked my hotel for next year.Yes the hurling final wasn't great.Not a big Gaelic Football fan but will watch the game today.I'll probably be for Kerry as my father was from Kerry.Hope all is well with you.

Posted on: 01/09/19 9:22

The Power and the Glory!
All's well here digger, thanks for asking, just life's slings and arrows from time to time, but shur we all have them.
I can't decide who I want to win today's game.
I dont know which is worse, listening to the Dubs crowing about their five in a row, or the Kerry lads gloating about stopping them.

Posted on: 01/09/19 12:30

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort