Login

Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

(1) 2 »

Happy To Meet Sorry To Part CD
Happy to meet
Does anybody know if or when "Happy To Meet Sorry To Part" will be reissued on CD?

This is the only album missing from my Horslips collection. I'm waiting for a new remastered edition (with bonus tracks?). I was hoping it would have been released by now. I believe there is a CD available on import on the Wounded Bird reissue label, but I'm sure it probably isn't remastered and doesn't sound very good. Also I don't want to buy a copy only to find it's being reissued soon and I have to buy it again.

Any news or details on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on: 12/07/11 2:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Happy To Meet Sorry To Part CD
Webmaster
From Belfast
Neil, I'm not entirely sure that things have moved too far forward from a previous thread.

http://www.horslipsrecords.com/fan_ta ... .php?forum=2&topic_id=726

I'll see if I can get an update.

Now where'd I leave thon Quija Board?

Posted on: 12/07/11 4:51

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
Maybe it will be a 40th anniversary release??? That would mean next year.

Daragh

Posted on: 12/07/11 6:18

You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
I found an original HTMSTP lp, vinyl in Calgary last weekend. It has someone's initials on the front cover and the fold out though still there, is seperated from the album itself. The asking price in the store was $30.00 CDN dollars. I did not check the disc itself on a turntable but at first glance it appeared to be in decent shape. Almost thought of buying it myself as my copy of that album is framed so not playable and thought it is still in good playing shape, I am thinking of keeping it for a future sale in case my children or grandchildren are in need of oxygen and selling it may fetch a fair price where they can breathe clean air for a few days, such as the future may be. They had the From the Vaults as well but to be honest, and this is likely just a weird hang up, I really hate that cover which is the only thing stopping me from buying it. Am I being too picky? Trying to stay on topic here.

Posted on: 12/07/11 10:50

Happy to meet
Quote:

Admin wrote:
Neil, I'm not entirely sure that things have moved too far forward from a previous thread.

http://www.horslipsrecords.com/fan_ta ... .php?forum=2&topic_id=726

I'll see if I can get an update.

Now where'd I leave thon Quija Board?

Admin, Thanks for checking and the link to a previous thread. I hope you come back with some good news!

Neil

Posted on: 12/07/11 15:03

Happy to meet
Quote:

DaraghOwens wrote:
Maybe it will be a 40th anniversary release??? That would mean next year.

Daragh

Sounds like a great idea!

Posted on: 12/07/11 15:04

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Quote:

Cal wrote:
I found an original HTMSTP lp, vinyl in Calgary last weekend. It has someone's initials on the front cover and the fold out though still there, is seperated from the album itself. The asking price in the store was $30.00 CDN dollars. I did not check the disc itself on a turntable but at first glance it appeared to be in decent shape. Almost thought of buying it myself as my copy of that album is framed so not playable and thought it is still in good playing shape, I am thinking of keeping it for a future sale in case my children or grandchildren are in need of oxygen and selling it may fetch a fair price where they can breathe clean air for a few days, such as the future may be. They had the From the Vaults as well but to be honest, and this is likely just a weird hang up, I really hate that cover which is the only thing stopping me from buying it. Am I being too picky? Trying to stay on topic here.

Thirty Canadian doesn't seem too bad for the HTMSTP LP, even if it isn't in mint.
I'm with you on the TFTF cover, though obviously plenty must disagree with us as it was chosen as a t-shirt print and I saw a good few being sold at the concerts last winter.

There must be some plans afoot next year for the re-release of HTMSTP,
a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it , as Blackadder might say....

Posted on: 12/07/11 22:03

That cover gave me the same feeling when I looked at a Cramps cover, the yellow garish one, Bad Music for Bad People. I have bought albums by bands for the first time based on the album cover (Camel-Nomadness-nice one) (Ambrosia-Somewhere I've Never Travelled-the pyramid album cover) and been quite pleased and not bought some because of the same thing! No relation between the two of course but one of those odd comfort things.

Posted on: 12/07/11 23:09

The Power and the Glory!
From New Zealand
"Camel-Nomadness"

Moon Madness, surely. If so, then I agree about the cover and I bought it for exactly the same reason and never regretted it.

Posted on: 13/07/11 2:53

Too many too list but albums bought based on the album cover that turned out to hold great music:

Bo Hanson-Magicians Hat,Attic Thoughts

Barclay James Harvest-Time Honoured Ghosts

Magna Carta-Seasons

Horslips-HTMSTP-paid top dollar for the import way back when, bought it in Niagara Falls, New York

Strawbs-Grave New World

The Electric Muse (Folk collection, box set)

Al Stewart-Past, Present, Future and Modern Times

Mike Batt-Schizophonia, with the London Symphony Orchestra

Art Garfunkel-Watermark
(reminded me of Lake Erie after all the tourists had gone)

Osibisa (the cover with the Flying Elephants)

sorry, off topic again.

Posted on: 13/07/11 3:31

Sorry Donnacha, mixing my fruits and mammals-I thought for sure my addled brain cells would have caught that. Yes, No Madness is of course a Cousins led group at the time, but since relations can be somewhat dependent upon chance, let's write it off to Cher and Moon Madness.

Okay, this evening I am on the rum, (sodomy and the lash are taking a hiatus).

Now here is a bit of blast from the pawst...Mother Focus by Focus.

Posted on: 13/07/11 10:00

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Contrast HTMSTP both cover and content wise with SSTT!!!!

Posted on: 13/07/11 14:34

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

... I'm a builder
From Dunboyne
Aaah, Moon Madness, was 19 years old in 76 working in discount sounds in Wexford St when this album arrived with the EMI deliviries....as usual for EMI, they sent me stuff i never ordered, naive would have been a kind description of me back then, but then i owe them this 35 year love affair with all things Camel.

Charles came in one day and bought a Taj Mahal album, which was very nice, as the local wide boys robbed me blind at every opportunity, Jesus i`d say i was spotted five miles away, so young, so trusting!

My other claim to infamy is sending back six copies of what i considered utter rubbish at the time.....the EMI pressing of Anarchy in the UK, i dont even want to know how much they are worth now!

Posted on: 13/07/11 22:00

Mick
Package arrived today, just putting it in the player to help while away the hours for the rest of my workday. Thanks mate. Cheers.

Posted on: 14/07/11 2:19

Re: Mick
At first blush I would say it was produced by Declan Odoherty but I cannot find anything on line as to who played on it or produced it, other than Jim Lockhart helped. I was quite surprised by track one, completly caught me off guard as to the sound of it. Work beckoned so never got past the first song but will listen tonight. I have not been this excited about a piece of music I had not heard before in a long long time. Like walking home from the post with the long awaited album in your clutches dying to play it.

Oh, why I said it sounds like DO producing is because the first sax notes reminded me of the Wonderful Grand Band from Newfoundland whom many of you already know about. Just google them, a fine band who sold over 250,000 of their only album just in the maritimes alone.

Posted on: 14/07/11 2:44

Re: Mick
The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Cal, glad if finally arrived I think you will enjoy the live show from New York they do a excellent version of Bim Istigh Ag ol next to last jam. It is from 78 thanks to Tom also from Md. Cheers Mick

Posted on: 14/07/11 3:54

Re:Barry Devlin
Seems to be some confusion with this thread...Barry, you may want to check it out...

http://www.shoofeetv.com/celebrity/22192/barry-devlin

Posted on: 14/07/11 10:26

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Watched the accompanying video clip from youtube,

Barry,
you had me at data-driven warehousing companies

......and who said bass players can't diversify

Posted on: 14/07/11 19:24

Finally, it looks like HTMSTP will be out soon on CD. There was a bit of a delay (!) with getting the cutouts organised, but now that's sorted and there'll be a half hour of added live stuff from the Quartier Latin in Berlin from either '74 or '76. I think we're just waiting for manufacture and delivery at this stage.

Posted on: 16/07/11 17:49

Cal, I'm a bit slow today (well, slower than usual!) because of a long and liquid BBQ yesterday evening, but I can't figure out what it is I or Dec O'Doherty may have worked on. Can I shed any light?

Posted on: 16/07/11 18:00

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort