Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

(1) 2 3 »

HORSLIPS GO ORCHESTRAL AGAIN IN AUGUST!
Everything will be alright
From Southend-on-Sea
This just in...

Horslips announce 2 Hot August Nights with the Orchestra of the National Concert Hall.

NCH Tickets: http://tinyurl.com/cbj5vau

In what is set to be a musical highlight of the summer, Horslips are scheduled to play 2 nights in the National Concert Hall on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th August, accompanied by the Orchestra of the National Concert Hall with stunning new arrangements by Golden Globe nominee Brian Byrne.
“Horslips songs fuse rock with traditional airs and Brian’s arrangements pick up and highlight those airs” says band flautist and keyboard player Jim Lockhart. “On songs like ‘I’ll be Waiting’ and ‘Sideways to the Sun’ the orchestra adds huge power to the traditional themes at the heart of the song: the effect is really striking”.
The concert will feature extended excerpts from two of the band’s best known albums, The Tain and The Book Of Invasions along with tracks chosen from the 10 studio albums they released during their epoch defining run in the 70’s, when they brought their heady blend of traditional Irish airs and gritty classic rock to Ireland and further afield.
Following the huge domestic success of their debut album "Happy To Meet Sorry To Part" Horslips toured extensively, playing the Irish ballrooms as well as Britain, Europe and ultimately the United States where their album Aliens broke into the Billboard charts.
Horslips went on ‘the longest fag break in history’ in October 1980 then - after a 29 year hiatus - reunited in 2009 to play sold out gigs in the O2 Dublin and Odyssey Arena in Belfast.
November 2010 saw them play a winter tour that finished again in the 02, while 2011 saw the band tour extensively in Ireland, the UK and Europe in a mix of festival appearances and solo headliners.
“We’ve had a quiet first half to the year” says bassist Barry Devlin “so we’re fighting fit and raring to go. We’re really looking forward to working with the orchestra on Brian’s great arrangements.”
www.horslips.ie
www.nch.ie

See you there!

Posted on: 25/05/12 20:53

Re: HORSLIPS GO ORCHESTRAL AGAIN IN AUGUST!
The Power and the Glory!
From Edinburgh
Fantastic news ! Now all I have to do is win the lottery !

Best to all , John R.

Posted on: 25/05/12 22:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
I have booked for the Sunday, Saturday isn't on sale and has now disappeared from the NCH site so I hope it hasn't sold out before I got a chance to book because I fancy going both nights.

John

Posted on: 26/05/12 1:24

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
This band are like buses...don't play for 31 years then never stop gigging,,,going bankrupt here.
Did I mention I was going to ballyshannon?

Posted on: 26/05/12 3:51

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

The Power and the Glory!
From Dublin
The nch.ie site is now fixed and can take bookings for either Saturday or Sunday. I have now got a Saturday ticket to go with my Sunday ones.
JOhn

Posted on: 26/05/12 17:29

... I'm a builder
From Calne, England
We’ve had a quiet first half to the year” says bassist Barry Devlin “so we’re fighting fit and raring to go"

There's an implication here that there may be more gigs to come. If this is the only thing this year then I would try to go, but if there is more about to be announced it may not be my first choice. Any rumours?

Posted on: 27/05/12 15:44

Webmaster
From Belfast
Quote:
There's an implication here that there may be more gigs to come. If this is the only thing this year then I would try to go, but if there is more about to be announced it may not be my first choice. Any rumours?

Hi Spike

Maybe's Aye Maybe's Naw. It may depend on your location as to whether you should go to the NCH. Watch this space.

Off Topic: FAO RoryVanJohn - I meant to apologise for my Horslipsticus Interruptus recently.

Domestics, Work [and another Alcohol-Related "Button-Pushing" incident (although it took place last week, my input was only revealed to me by a barman at my Regular a couple of days back) has offered this site the breathing space and respite that it sometimes requires... ]

Posted on: 28/05/12 1:47

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
so you have accepted your elevation!!!!!!!

All hail King Nad from Lord Taff of Ballyshannon.

Wonder what will be happening this time next week????

BTW could swear I saw Jenny at The Damned last night.....decided not to approach her with the opening line of "are you Jenny of Horslips fame who looked after Noel's member?"

2nd BTW ....did I mention about going to Ballyshannon?

Posted on: 28/05/12 4:14

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

The Power and the Glory!
From Killorglin, Co. Kerry
Quote:

Spike wrote:
We’ve had a quiet first half to the year” says bassist Barry Devlin “so we’re fighting fit and raring to go"

There is talk of Marlay Park in July or August!

Posted on: 28/05/12 4:36

By the Fire of my Silver Devil's Blade
Quote:

Watch this space.

I am watching this space. Intently.
Go on, spill the beans.

Posted on: 28/05/12 18:02

Webmaster
From Belfast
Quote:
Go on, spill the beans.

Well, I'm not at liberty to say too much but

Error: Server Outage. Error: Connection Failed.

Posted on: 28/05/12 18:32

... I'm a builder
From Calne, England
I'm watching avidly. Really want to see the guys but prefernce would be to see Horslips concert. Will only get opportunity to get over to Ireland probably once, so trying to make the most of the opportunity, visiting (wife's) family at the same time.

Posted on: 30/05/12 0:45

... I'm a builder
Sat night booked for granny to watch the kids and us to go and see the lads. There may be a few shandies too.
Was really gutted to miss the BBC Belfast performance so this will be great.
McGrorys night was ace and Locky Jim posed for a photo with the kids. What a nice man!
I'm feeling the love tonight.

Posted on: 30/05/12 5:04

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
This should be a real treat !

Posted on: 04/06/12 3:48

The Power and the Glory!
From Edinburgh
Hello Spike and DeargFire ! Good to see you post again . I'm sure that Good King Nad will welcome you back personally when his duties permit him the time ....( sometimes I really worry......)

Best to all , John R.

Posted on: 05/06/12 12:06

Ring-A-Rosey
From Dundee Scotland
I'm all agog.
I need a Horslips fix!

Posted on: 05/06/12 19:51

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
Indebted to you for the tee shirt. Apart from readily identifying myself FB and Fan-tasia members I had a stream of others admiring it and asking me where I got it from ! You could make a fortune. Bring a couple of hindred tees over for the next gig and flog them !

Posted on: 05/06/12 22:26

Swaggerin' down the hall
myself and joe floorboard are booked in for the saturday night. we are in the balcony and shall expect champagne and oysters. and i hear barry devlin will rotate a hula hoop round his waist for the entire performance.

Posted on: 15/06/12 4:00

The Power and the Glory!
From The Mid West ( and I don't mean Wisconsin or Minnesota ! )
Is that the choir balcony francie ?
Grand and close to everything there - what'll the sound be like ?
Hoping to go up on the Sunday night all going well.

Posted on: 07/07/12 1:31

The Power and the Glory!
Would love to have made it home in August for some of the concerts but have already made arrangements to go to Liverpool for Beatleweek and Mathew street festival the last week of August.If you are a Beatle nut like me its well worth checking out if you have never been there.To all of you going to the Horslips concerts,have a great time.Maybe if they are doing something around Xmas I might be able to make it.

Posted on: 09/07/12 1:05

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort