Main Menu

Fan-tasia Search

Themes

(4 themes)

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: The Man Who Built America 2008
The Power and the Glory!
From Zürich-Zermatt-Nice-Cyberspace
Before and After. I won't show you under the plaster......

Attach file:

jpg  P1010579_small.jpg (333.75 KB)
7_48d7255e50a52.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  P1010631.JPG (315.16 KB)
7_48d725fe7d71a.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 22/09/08 10:59
A blindman's dreams are not much fun.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Happy to meet
Did anyone find a pack of fags in the Madison on saturday night?

Posted on: 22/09/08 15:13

Only a mad moonlighter
From Donegal
Greetings from the Scottish Contingent aka The Girls From Donegal. What a fantastic night at the Madison. Can't believe Mick aka " Johnny Fean played my guitar ( last year at Aliens 30th )" missed this fabulous gig!!! Can't wait till next year. Thanks to everybody involved. We had the best time ever.

Posted on: 22/09/08 15:40

Ring-A-Rosey
From here ,there or MySpace or a ditch in england or Eire
Excellent photos and videos Daragh...and the sound was quite good for a mobile too! I can honestly say it's the best version of Valerie I've ever heard.Chris Barry can realy sing! Looks and sounds like the best party ever!
And Nats...I've just had a funny thought...Maybe Charles used his druidic powers on the ring to get his own back for all those naughty things you said about him over the years!
I am now going to play valerie and Dearg Doom all over again. Seeing the footage has realy cheered me up!
Hurrah

Posted on: 22/09/08 16:10

One-hundred heads are so much better than One...
From Centre of the Universe
Jesus,

I just can't get the hang of this shaggin' new guestbook. After sticking the bits below up last night I now realise that I shoulda put them here.

Anyway

back to TWELVE minute versions of Furmiture & Vera Lynn....

Max Wall addressed his audience on night a few years back.
"I thought that this War On Terror stuff was a load of old cobblers until last night. I was passing by Vera Lynn’s house, her windows were open and I could hear her gargling...."

Mr Devlin last Saturday evening gave the strong impression of man who’s been doing a bit of vocal exercising of late.....

WHAT TO REPORT?

Just huge appreciation to Niall Goode and Brendan McLoughlin for all the work which went into last night’s 30th Anniversary TMWBA party in the Madison.

An absolutely smashing venue and a great night.

HIGHLIGHTS?
In order:

New York Wakes getting an airing with young Barry grinning from ear to ear in front of Risky Business and Jim making us all feel 20 again. Unapproved Road wasn’t half bad either!

The whistle piece by Jim when Myles on drums, Blind Boy Goodwin on bass and That Youngfella on guitar gave King of the Fairies a lash.

Johnny joining the afore mentioned reprobates.

Johnny’s storming version of The Berlin Wall.

The twin lead on Warm Sweet Breath Of Love – Johnny & BB Goodwin were obviously having a bit of fun here, Myles kept the beat tight and That Youngfella on bass was like the cat that just ate the canary.

Mad Pat & Blindman – BB Goodwin filling in on vocals for the absent Charles. Barry, Johnny and Jim rolling back the years and That Youngfella on electric mandolin.

So, Carlsberg don’t do encores, but if they did.....
They’d feature Barry Devlin singing Power And The Glory & Sword of Light with Johnny Fean on guitar and Jim Lockhart on keyboards.
Well, Goodwin (guitar) Lally (drums) and That Youngfella (bass) certainly seem to think so!

Out of order

ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS "HOLY SHIT DID I EVER THINK.....MOMENT"

Furniture.
Barry & Eamon, Jim & Johnny, BB Goodwin on bass and That Youngfella filling in on electric mandolin.
Words are not possible. However for any of you who just "didn’t feel like going out" – it was the real, full length, 12 minute, live album with the stunning instrumental bit included, holy shit version.
I think that the only person in the room who enjoyed it more than myself – which believe me took some doing – was Barry.
I couldn’t tell if Eamon was enjoying it or not, he was busy giving the most unbelievable performance that I’ve seen since I can’t remember – "doesn’t play anymore" my ass......

Oh yeah, then he started doing that thing with the hi hat.
You know, the one that goes on and on and on...
Dada dat a dada dat a dada dat a dada dat a dada dat a dada dat a dada dat a dada

Dearg Doom.

MAYHEM

TO FINISH:

Maggie as always mmmmmmmmmmmmXXXXX

It was great to see old friends (men fro Norn Iron and such), Dave Creedon (who had the revelation of the this or any year - libel laws prevent me sharing with ye’all) and new friends (Christine book now for next year).

Meeting Caroline outside of a Church (for a change) was great.
Frances - I’m only sorry we didn’t get a chance to chat.

SERIOUS NOTE HERE
All the experts on Horslips (i.e.everyone outside the band) has a reason / opinion why the Greatest Irish Band Of All Time have yet to say when they’ll play a proper concert.
This fella is too busy, that fella doesn’t like the other fella, this fella eile doesn’t want to do it.....

Eamon, Barry, Johnny and Jim.
We were all in the room.
Furniture (apart from giving us all the most fabulous and longest weak moment in history) really told a story.
Ye have it by the truckload, so please, please, please stop the tooling around and say, out loud
"In 2009 we will be having a few musical evenings."
And bring Charles to them all!

COMMENTS OF THE NIGHT:

"That was probably the best Shakin’ All Over that I’ve ever heard Johnny do."
Hyperbole?
Alcohol influenced?
Not really, that opinion was proffered by the sober, dapper gentleman who has previously sat behind a drum kit for 10 years with said Johnny out front, burning the paint off of the walls in various venues.

- Eamon Carr

"I tell you, when Eamon played the long intro to Dearg Doom the hairs stood up on the back of my neck, it was just.......”
Me?
No.
A man from Norn Iron?
No.

- Johnny Fean
‘nuff said!

p.s.
Paddy Goodwin – For everything, thank you.
That Youngfella – I take my hat off to you, not least because you make me so proud.

Posted on: 22/09/08 19:06

Swaggerin' down the hall
From New York
thank you Ferdia's Friend - for the report - for all of it -I have since dried my tears and pulled myself together - anyone plotting the next gig yet...Niall, Brendan? I wanted to smack the doctor as I saw him Friday morning and he cleared me for travel...how ironic...I suppose things happen the way they do for a reason...however, feeling good now...passport in hand...suitcase half packed...let's go!

I'm so happy that you all had such a good time in spite of the fact that I wasn't there...lol...and that my "epic" greeting didn't make it in time - Niall, you'll have to remedy that!

Ferdia - aka PS - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! XO

Posted on: 22/09/08 19:41

Swaggerin' down the hall
What a frickin amazing night!

Everyone in the the place, including staff really enjoyed themselves!
The venue, the staff, the bands, the t-shirts, the cake all worked out perfectly, and to get the lads up on stage, well that was just mission accomplished on all fronts.
The highlight for me, apart from all of it, was finally seeing the full on, take no prisoners Live version of Furniture. All present on stage at that moment were on fire, but it has to be said that Eamon completely attacked that drum kit and left it for dead, just before calling the 3 count we'd all been waiting for, which was when all hell actually broke loose.
And what a turnout! It was everyone there who helped make it the success it was. The international fan base being well represented with people from Scotland, England, Poland and of course Cork, and our American friends and everyone else were there in spirit!
So, thanks to everyone for coming, to Risky Business, to Paddy Goodwin and the Holy Ghosts, to BrendanMc for organising a great raffle (which Paddy finally won), to Mrs Mc for the sandwiches, to the staff, and finally to the best band this country has ever had the pleasure of witnessing! Where do we go from here? Who knows, but I do know I'm looking forward to every second of it!

Roll on Short Stories!

Thanks again.

Ps. Did anyone hear about the other TMWBA anniversary party running at the same time? Maybe O'Connor was there. But that's a story for another day.

Posted on: 22/09/08 20:11

Happy to meet
Fair feckin play to the 2 little bollixes for throwing such a great shindig.
If I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed it!
I have an audience with the Pope later about getting them upgraded to a Class II relic.

Go in Peace

Posted on: 22/09/08 21:27

Yo, Bish! Would it be out of place - as a Tyrone man - to mention that you now have something in common with Kerry?

Posted on: 23/09/08 0:40

The Power and the Glory!
From New Zealand
You mean he's had a big and unexpected kick up the arse too?

Posted on: 23/09/08 1:52

That would be it, Donnacha...

Posted on: 23/09/08 2:48

Frankie and Joe, on that basis youse are forgive. But youse were missed...

Posted on: 23/09/08 2:53

Swaggerin' down the hall
thank you mr drivel. i should report that the most popular text in tyrone today is the one suggesting that christmas has been cancelled in kerry this year for fear that the people there would be traumatised by the sight of a bearded man dressed in red and white.

Posted on: 23/09/08 5:49

Only a mad moonlighter
Ditto, Mr D. The “High” derived from leapin’ up and down in funny clothes, roarin’ and shoutin’ in the Cussack, is already giving way to regret at missing the leapin’ up and down, roarin’ and shoutin’ (probably in equally funny clothes) in the Madison. I’m also right pissed-off if I missed the chance to hear that “raw howl” of a guitar solo in Furniture. Sounds like a great night

Posted on: 23/09/08 15:15

The Power and the Glory!
I has taken just under 24 hours to upload all the videos from Saturday so now I will give you my link, for those interested. There's probably better material out there, but for now you have to make do....

www.youtube.com/noursbear

I have not played these myself and have probably the wrong musicians featuring against the wrong songs but I can fix that whenever...I normally get the wrong songs anyway as someone pointed out on a Ballinamore video...had the wrong song title somewhere...

Posted on: 23/09/08 20:05

Happy to meet
Hi all,
Had a great time at the gig. the bearded man is very glad he came too. sorry to hear about your hand nats (but to be honest TOTALLY WORTH IT.) Thanks a million to the lads who oranised it .risky business, horslips, paddy and chris played brilliantly. see y'all next year!

Posted on: 24/09/08 0:06

... I'm a builder
Bedaddin and BefeckinJazes

What a night. Eardrums only recovering from some big baullix I was afraid to approach. WTF is he?

I danced and danced at the front. I remember small bits. Dearg Doom was great as was 'Stars', 'Everything will be alright' and 'Hall of Mirrors'

Well done the hoors who claimed they organised it ( I reckon the musicians were practicing on the sly) and I tell ya, freezing your nads off waiting for a taxi at 8.30 in the morning with a scatter of drink is no place for a 58 year old.

Posted on: 24/09/08 4:31

The Power and the Glory!
hmmm hey Christy...which planet was your party on.... I don't think we had the same song set you and I

I meant to say sorry for incorrectly correcting Lee when she said you can upload videos on youtube upto 1 Gb and I said it was 100 Mb. I realised just now that yes it is 1 Gb, but I recall getting this notion of 100Mb from Brendan, so am not entirely guilty....I'd love to see their storage data centers....

Posted on: 24/09/08 12:26

You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
Good man Christy. I saw you in full flow. Marvellous.

Posted on: 24/09/08 14:00

The Power and the Glory!
The irony of it all, about that darn ring, is that inside, there is a little plastic gadget which makes the ring smaller to fit most fingers, but what I did not realise till today is that you can pull it out, if it's too small. Just tried it, after having had the luminous idea . It fits very comfortably on the other big finger. Well hopefully I won't lose my finger...it's not looking great...

I reckon those 2 muppets Insider_at_RTE and Christy Moore are just pulling our legs....

Posted on: 25/09/08 0:40

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort