Attach file:

jpeg  EiIZGhhWAAAEFEJ.jpeg (515.50 KB)
169_5f670fa88865c.jpeg 1584X2048 px

Posted on: 20/09/20 14:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: It's now on CD - The Shell by Charles O'Connor
... I'm a builder
From Dunboyne
Thanks Stefan, you have prompted me to order, looking forward to it now.

Posted on: 21/09/20 18:35

The Power and the Glory!
Great Ricochet! Nice to feel and smell the artwork and notes. They're part of the album's personality. Taking the sleeve in your hand at the moment of ownership is a sacramental experience. The Shell presentation looks gorgeous. Enjoy.

Posted on: 23/09/20 3:24

... I'm a builder
From Dunboyne
Still hasnt arrived!

Posted on: 29/09/20 21:20

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi All,

Just received The Shell got here incredibly fast thanks to Numi she took care of it . Cannot wait to listen had a listen a bit ago also it is a signed copy fantastic. Hoping the concerts start going on have Wishbone Ash next March in Sellersville Theater front row be nice but that area got hammered with the COVID so may postpone also Outlaws with Henry Paul still jamming in May. September missus and I are heading to Grand Lake Colorado for 6 nights nice area looking forward to it hopefully be mask free by then. Best To All

Mick

Posted on: 01/10/20 17:46

The Power and the Glory!
Grand Lake? Near Boulder? The snow wont be far away. And there used to be some Mad Moylans on the loose. I've heard they hunt in packs. Lucky you getting your Shell.
No word from Ricoshell yet?

Posted on: 03/10/20 4:41

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
StefanF,

Hi good man,

Actually Grand Lake is the western entrance of The Rocky Mountain National Park, we are 2miles away. Hoping things settle down you have to have a reservation to enter the park now. Was that you and Admin on face book showing your The Shell copies sadly I never got to meet him at last gig in Belfast thought he was there but it was a busy night for us meeting everyone and chatting.

Best

Mick

Posted on: 05/10/20 15:42

Taff
From Bangor N.I.
hi Mick....yes he was there. Should have introduced you.Will do so next time, And yes it was our 2 heroes in the picture!

Posted on: 09/10/20 2:27

All my Horslips videos here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBsY08fFbE&list=PL508D7EECE10652CF

The Power and the Glory!
Yes Mick indeed, thanks Rob.
We had to do a social distance handover. So we did it on the street. COVID etc and Noel doesn't like sharing the bouncy castle he had in his living room.

Here's a link to a video about Capitan Cook and the Venus Transit. The Shell sleeve notes explian the track titles.
Some melodies, some soundscapes.

https://youtu.be/73xbzB5XWWk

Posted on: 12/10/20 12:32

... I'm a builder
From Dunboyne
Finally got The Shell. Really like it, hard to categorise, more instruments than a 747 cockpit! lovely listen while driving. sort of album you`d put on at one a.m. slightly pissed and mellow. (bedtime much earlier than that these days!).

Well done to the man who signed my TUCOT album in Discount Sounds Wexford Street where I worked, "Best Wishes from the Unfortunate Charles O Connor".

He bought a Taj Mahal album, probably charged him full whack!

Posted on: 19/10/20 19:05

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Ok Steeler boy, or should we say Stealer Boy - how many times have you voted? How many ballots did you toss in the garbage when no one was looking? Confess now and have a chance at winning a pair of tickets to the next Horslips show, free airfare return for two on Trump Airways (unless you can grab a seat on Air Force One, or as we like to say here, Air Farce One).

Seriously, how many times did you vote? Just kidding! (really, how many?). Hope you are well. Did Trump make the new national holiday a statutory holiday? Good day to go out partying if he did. I cannot believe he invoked that holiday. Oh well. Time will tell, and the counting of ballots.

Be safe my friend, be gentle, be kind.

Don

Posted on: 06/11/20 0:45

Webmaster
From Belfast
I detect that this has discussion risks going somewhat off-topic.

I could be wrong, but I can't help but feel that the term "You're Fired!" may get us back on an even keel (a naughty-cal term my much more erudite brother could elaborate on.)

The CD mentioned in the topic header was the first music to be played in our somewhat aged but amp-ly serviceable acoustic devices. And much to my disappointment, my partner loves it!

Then again, she loves me. Which proves that there's no accounting for taste (unless you cannot swallow the flavour of defeat with any decorum, in which case I'll convince the Supreme Court that my arse smells of a Ring-A-Rosey.)

In the words of the only true Bard. "I'm naw awa' tae Biden awa'..."

May the Man Who Sold America win... Alaska. Bought from the Russians for a Dollar a Day, and a Lifetime to Pay. # 3 College Votes. 3 College Votes. 3 College Votes. 3 College Votes. 3 College Votes. 3 College Votes.
3 College Votes. 3 College Votes. 3 College Votes...
# (... and End, after a prolonged sense of anticipation.)

Republicans? "They haven't gone away, you know!" (Pers. comm. G Adams. Date TBC)

Now then, where'd I leave my beer, and why's my dog licking her lips? She likes bitter, and she plastered the doorway with wallpaper so that I couldn't watch.

I'm gonna sue! She doesn't realize that her residency is only a single-term contract.

Edited to correct some suspicious irregularities in my drink fuelled euphoria. When I read all the memes regarding "Stop The Count!", I thought it was an offensive typo.

Posted on: 07/11/20 8:36

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi Don,

LOL yes it is a living cartoon our election what a damn shame this country is in a bad state very divided. Just one vote sir looks like Biden is in so we will see if any changes comes it does not change my life that much still get up to go to work at least 5 days a week-two more than I am done! Now speaking of the Steeler's look out they have a fire this year still 7-0 hopefully go undefeated but that is asking for a bit much. Just got some good news the nasty fire at Grand Lake Colorado missed the cabin we are renting next September beautiful place 1 mile from Rocky Mountain Park I almost had the wife talked into Glacier but after retirement that is happening. Hope all well Don and all.

Mick

Posted on: 07/11/20 17:08

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Talk her into Glacier and I can meet you on the border from the Waterton side. We hiked into the border area in August but as hard as I looked there was no Duty-Free shop in amongst the trees so we came back. Odd thing though...at the dock in Waterton, Alberta the US Border Patrol watercraft is moored there and her crew stay in Canada. Nice job. There is no place really to run to on the lake as it stops at each end and fed by mountain runoff. Nice boat though. Talk her into Glacier and you have to pick up a Horslips package.

Posted on: 08/11/20 3:25

The Power and the Glory!
To listen to Charles O'Connor on the Nick 33 retro show visit http://coriniumradio.com
Today Mon 5pm
Repeat Tues 2am Sat 9pm uk time
w/c Nov 9th

Posted on: 09/11/20 19:13

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Hi Don,

Sadly doubt we will change plans but I mentioned it again, will definitely meet up if we do come. If not this time in a few years for sure will hit it. Horslips package hmmm.....

Best

Mick

Posted on: 11/11/20 1:03

The Power and the Glory!
From Calgary
Listened last night. Thanks for the link.

Posted on: 11/11/20 20:25

The Power and the Glory!
From Pittsburgh,PA
Don,

Sorry mate no Glacier, she is fixed on Rocky Mountain National Park, I have been there years ago she never has but we will be coming within a few years. When you mentioned Waterton it is about 1.5 hour drive correct? See many bear spotted in that area up our alley..

Take Care All

Mick

Posted on: 12/11/20 19:20

[Advanced Search]

Xoops
Powered

Themes By
4thefort